IF YOU DISCOVER A FIRE, you should remain calm and:
- Pull the nearest fire alarm. Alarms are located in the corridors adjacent to the stairwells.
- Call 911 from a safe location.
- Evacuate or relocate and assist all others in the immediate area.
- Close doors behind you to isolate fire.
- Proceed to stairwells and listen for instructions. NEVER use the elevators.
- Be cautious when opening doors so as not to spread the fire. Touch any door to see if it is hot before opening.
- Quickly and quietly exit the building, via the enclosed stairways located at opposite ends of each side of the building, and remain outside until Building Management, Security or the responding authorities announce the “all clear.”
If smoke is present, stay low and crawl with your body against the floor. The clearest air is near the floor. If forced to make a dash through smoke or flame, hold your breath and cover your nose and mouth with an article of clothing.
We invite you to learn how to implement your own emergency preparedness plans by using the resources from our PREP website.
LIFE SAFETY & SECURITY
Become familiar with the life safety information specific to your building and location. Sign in to Building Safety Solutions to view the multimedia presentation that will help you in a crisis event.